Lower Middle Thames (Reading to Cookham) Projects
Marlow Bridge © FWR
- Reinstatement of Little Marlow Lakes and the discharge ditch. Habitat restoration for fish and invertebrates together with community work in the creation of a country park.
- The Abbotsbrook, Little Marlow - reduce urban diffuse pollution arising from Marlow’s Globe Business Park together with introduction of woody debris to promote turbulence raising dissolved Oxygen levels so improving habitat for fish and invertebrates.
- Hedsor Fish Pass – The EA propose to install a fish pass at Hedsor weir to provide a passage for fish up the river.
- Temple Island SSSI. Land owned by the Henley Royal Regatta but a restoration project is being undertaken by Sonning Common Green Gym volunteers to control invasive species and desilting of water courses to provide fish refuges.
- Kings Meadow Recreation Ground. Minor riparian works to ecology by improving plant communities create habitat and prevent erosion by passing boats. Potential for community involvement.
- Thames Valley Park. Potential for expanding habitat that already exists on the south bank of the river.
- Bisham. Potential for wetland habitat improvements.
- Henley STW. Modifications to works to improve discharge quality.
- Hennerton Backwater. In channel habitat improvements including LWD and canopy opening.