Upper Middle Thames (Wallingford to Caversham) Projects
- Opening up of backwater near South Stoke to provide fish refuge in times of high flow and juvenile fish reserve.
- Goring STW. Potential for introduction of Phosphorus stripping plant to improve discharge. Also investigate discharge that is flowing through adjacent field reed beds.
- Withymead Nature Reserve. Natural reed bed marsh to the north and adjacent to the reserve belongs to Christ Church College, Oxford. A Heritage Lottery Fund bid was in preparation to purchase the land from Christ Church unfortunately there has been a change of Wardens at the Reserve so the bid needs reactivating.
- Tilehurst on north bank possible creation of wetland habitat.
- Cholsey Marsh BBOWT need support to maintain reed bed habitat.
- North Stoke Backwater. Where possible protect and improve North Stoke backwater.
- Little Meadow Nature Reserve 3 acres in size part of the Anne Carpmael Charitable Trust managed by the Trust with the help of volunteers and the local Sonning Common Green Gym.
- Salmon, coarse fish and eels are able to pass the Caversham weir but a new multispecies fish pass is included in a proposed hydropower scheme.